:insert something clever:

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

It's Spring! At least it is inside...

In Oklahoma about now there are daffodils blooming and trees all covered in blossoms (photos stolen from a friend back in Norman - Sally). Not full blown spring yet, but definitely starting.


There is hope here as I have seen a few things starting to pop out of the ground...but just barely and definitely not near blooming yet.


What helps my impatience for spring is my collection of indoor plants. They're green (except for the purple ones), mostly happy and every once in awhile they bloom!


A little while ago, one of my amaryllises bloomed.


Here's Joel holding it so that you can get an idea of how big it is. It had four blooms total.




On one of my other amaryllises a flower stalk just starting coming up. I wonder what color it will be... I have two or three different ones, but didn't label them and some of them died over the winter (they had a mold problem) so I don't know what I have left...


Other exciting plant happenings are the little basil and parsley seedlings! Almost all of them have one set of true leaves already and are so cute! We couldn't wait for the basil to grow up, so we also took some cuttings from a hydroponically-grown plant we bought from the grocery store. I don't have pictures yet...but maybe I'll post some soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home