:insert something clever:

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year!!

Well, it's been rather a long time since I've written, but rather than trying to catch up I think I'll just write whatever comes to mind.

It is now 2008 and three days until my 21st birthday. Joel's coming into town for a day or so and we're helping host an Epiphany dinner Saturday night. That should be a lot of fun. And there will be champagne. :-)

I've been cooking a lot these past few days. I've baked chicken, made risotto at least twice, some pasta stuff (with zucchini! yay for zucchini!), baked "skillet cornbread", a loaf or two of bread, some muffins, and I have two batches of cookie dough in the fridge chilling. It's been fun, but unfortunately means that I've been washing a few more dishes than usual as well. I've learned that with some things you should maybe make them more than twice using a recipe before experimenting without referencing anything even as a guideline (this comes from the second batch of risotto...quite funny taste...maybe too much chicken buillon...).

There's been some progress with wedding planning and such. I've started addressing "save-the-date" postcards. So far mostly only family from the addresses compiled by my sister, sister-in-law and some additions from my mother(I never knew how many relatives I had!). The date is May 17th, by the way. :-)

One of my Christmas presents was a new ESV Reformed study Bible from my soon-to-be in-laws. I really like it! I had forgotten what it was like to have a study bible. I had a teen study bible but about seven years ago my brother gave me a little pocket sized NASB and that's the only one I'd used consistently since then. With the gift I've seen a surge in reading which I hope I can continue on with consistently. I'm in Deuteronomy right now, as well as the Psalms.

My sister is engaged, her guy gave her a football and she said yes. There was a ring attached. Cute story. She's pretty excited about it.

Work starts back up tomorrow 6:30 AM. I'll miss the free time, but it will be nice to get up early again. I've been getting up around 8:30, but it feels so late. It's good that classes don't start up again until the 14th. I'll have time to readjust to getting up early before having to also be alert and paying attention to lectures.

I'd better go check on the cinnamon bread in the oven. Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home