:insert something clever:

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Knitting

Recently I've been knitting.
Project one: scarf for Joel. This was to reacquaint myself with basic knit and purl (it had been quite awhile since I'd picked up a pair of knitting needles and I'm not actually positive that I had ever finished a knitting project before...not even a scarf...). I didn't use a pattern, just made little blocks. I think I cast on forty stitches and knit ten, purled ten, knit ten, purled ten, stockinette st for ten rows and then reversed it (for another ten rows...etc, etc, etc).

Project two: coasters.

Project three (work in progress): plastic shopping bag rug. It's not very pretty, but I think that I will be able to tuck in most of those ends once I'm done. I'm cutting the bags into two long strips, knotting the ends together and then just a basic garter stitch. I like the idea of putting more stripes in, but unfortunately about 90% of the bags I have are just clear or white. I also tend to shop at Aldi or use my canvas bags for groceries (a lot easier to handle on the bus) so I'm actually running out of bags already and it's only four inches wide!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home