:insert something clever:

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Working out details

So, I leave town in one week. I'll be in Spain in a week and a half. Am I packed? No. Am I excited? Yes. Will I be ready? If not, it doesn't matter.

It looks as if I've found a church. They have 75-80 people and are also involved on campus with a student organization boasting 30 members. One of the elders has a daughter who is a student at Jaume. Yay!

Jaume is starting a homestay program this semester. They emailed us this morning with the information and application. Not only would I love to stay with a family, but the price sounds very reasonable and includes food! To be in a Spanish kitchen everyday with someone who knows how to cook (instead of with other exchange students in an apartment)...I think that would be good. And family is so important to me. I would have one there. :-)

Before finding a family I will spend one night with a friend since middle school who's studying in Valencia. Then I know another girl studying at Jaume who already has an apartment and has offered to let me stay there until I find a place to stay. So, good news all about and things working out quite smoothly.

I had a lovely trip to Vermont, New York, and Pennsylvania with Joel's family. I saw Niagra Falls! On the way home I flew to Phoenix, AZ and visited with my grandparents for a few days. That was nice. :)

I'll try to post some pictures soon.

Tomorrow is Joel's birthday. I wish I could be there with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home